"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Life as I know it....for now...

This Holiday Week has seemed long to me. Not that I mind; I guess I just have felt unproductive during the whole thing! You know me, I always need to be doing something.

I've been educated that this weekend marked the opening of 'shotgun season', or aka, every hillbilly in a 50 mile radius of my house in blowing off guns. No disrespect the the hillbillies :) My husband is included in this cult, however, my husband hunts in a remote area, not around homes and horse pastures!

So far so good with the dogs minding the Christmas tree and not trying to rambo it! Same with Houdini; so far so good.

So this morning, again, my husband was up at some insane hour to go hunting. Yesterday when he got up and left, I was dead to the world and didn't even realize he was gone until my alarm went off to get up and feed the horses.

Today, I had the pleasure of him waking me up by saying, "Hon, I know you don't want to hear this right now, but there is a mouse in the house. I am going to leave Houdini out".


Ok - let's examine this statement.
1.) WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE?
2.) With all the 'mousing' Savannah and Lucky do outside, WHY is there a MOUSE in my HOUSE?
3.) Why do you think leaving a 3 month old kitten to roam the house is going to do anything for a LOOSE MOUSE in my HOUSE?
4.) Most importantly, why are YOU leaving without catching this damn thing?

So, ring the alarm at 6am and now I am up to feed. I vaguely remember being told, while I was half asleep, about a loose mouse in the house. Was I dreaming? Then I enter the back room and see a broom, things out of place, turned over and upside down and instantly frown :( I wasn't dreaming!

So I call my lovely husband to ask him where the HELL a mouse came from. He proceeds to tell me he was flipping channels on the tv, enjoying his coffee and then Girls Gone Wild came on. (This is the part where he thinks he is being funny, meanwhile, I am HARDLY laughing). He proceeds to explain he was enjoying watching "the girls" and heard a noise. He thinks, 'What the heck, we don't have a ghost anymore...." and then looks to see a mouse coming from the heating vent. He claims he tried to get it with no luck and so apparently his solution was to leave it for me to deal with. THEN he proceeds to tell me on the phone to "Bring Savannah in the house and let her roam for awhile".

For my readers information, Savannah is our 'A+ Resident Farm Mouser'. Savannah is also a tempermental bitch and she only does what she wants to do. For me to go outside and find her, and then try to pick her up and tell her she's going in the house, would probably result in me looking like Emily, Sam the Werewolf's Girlfriend, from New Moon ;) {For those non-twilighters out there, this means my face will get torn to shreds}

So, my solution to this whole fiasco? To enjoy my morning coffee, browse my blog reading list, and wait for Allen to come home and figure it out. He tells me "poke around in the couch and see if that is where it went". Um, EXCUSE ME?

No comments: