"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Confessions of a Restless Soul

Must be Busy. Must do Something. Must.do. SOMETHING!

So today I am home sick from work. Actually, I left yesterday about 1pm feeling very not well. This morning I could feel something lingering so since I have the sick time left, and it is use it or loose it within the next 2 weeks, I figured I better stay home and rest up. Better to take a moment to rest rather than run yourself into the ground...but who lives by that motto? NOT ME!

Since I am not deathly ill, I have naturally already created a to-do list for myself today. (It's really hard for me to do nothing.)
1.) GO TO STORE - GET COFFEE
2.) Pick up Horse Feed
3.) Stop at butcher to pick something up for dinner
4.) Get a few more Christmas Shopping Items out of the way
5.) Turn horses out to enjoy the brisk sunshine
6.) Clean horse stalls
7.) Attempt Laundry pile before it walks away.....or eats one of the dogs.....
8.) Make dinner
9.) Make list of "To Bake" within the next week

And there are a few other things I'd like to do, but it requires me going to stores closer to work then home, so I will save them for later.

I has specific instructions from my husband this morning that if I am staying home sick from work, then I have to do just that -STAY HOME - and stay out of the barn and don't go anywhere.

Here are pics from this morning; It'd sure be easier to get into the Christmas spirit if the yard was snow covered....and it'd be easier to keep me at home too.....well, maybe not!


Backyard Sunrise - yes, that is still a Fall Cornstalk Decoration on the left side of the hay barn!

Front Yard - Yes, those are still leaves all over the yard. It's more work that it is worth for me to get out there and rake them all up. And besides, the front yard is HUGE - it'd take a week! They'll be gone in the spring on their own anyways :)

No comments: