"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Deal of the Day!

Today was my birthday....after you celebrate 21...and in my case, 22 as well, the birthdays start to seem less relevant ;) In any case, we had a relaxing day; dinner with my family last night and today Allen and I went out to do some Antiquing. On the way home, we had to stop at the feed store for horse, dog and cat food :)

As we were entering the store, I was adding in my head how much this stop was going to cost us! Ey yi yi. Then, I noticed a sign on the door that said 'Broken Bags Discount $5, Inquire at Desk'. I was thinking SWEET, maybe they'll have a few of Strategy (for the horses) or maybe even one of the dogs food.

We feed the dogs "Exclusive". It is by PMI Nutrition and it is the only food I have found since we've had Mossy that he is able to digest normally :) (I will spare details!) It ain't cheap, that is for sure; but, the feed store also has a buy 6 bags, get a bag free program which is a perk!

So, at check-out, it turns out there were no broken bags of Strategy, however, there were some of the dog food! I said I'd take one. After 2 bags of Strategy, which should have been about $25, then a $40 bag of dog food minus a $5 discount they told me the total was $30something!? Turns out the broken bag discount wasn't $5 off normal pice, it was just that - $5! GET OUT!!! (Oh, btw, they didn't have my cat food so I took a free sample of another kind to hold Savanah over until tomorrow-lol-yep, that's how I roll!)

Of course, as Allen and I are getting in the car to go through to the loading area, we were discussing this awesome dog food discount and decided if they had more, we should definitely get another bag. So, as the kid was loading up our Strategy, turns out he had 3 more bags of the dog food; Allen and I took one look at each other and said "We'll take 'em all". When Allen got back into the truck after paying for the additional 3 bags, he said they rang up as $140 normally and he paid $14!!! Can you believe it!!! So we basically got almost $200 in dog food for maybe $20 if that (after you count the originial bag we bought!)

Of course though, it is never without incident with us. These bags were in their warehouse and in this big, open warehouse there are always birds flying around. Yep, you guessed it. After we crammed the 4 bags into the truck cab with us (bed was wet from the rain) we realized that there was bird crap on the bags - ewwwwwwwwwww - and Allen rested his arm right in it! UCK! Speaking of which, I need to go put his jacket in the dryer now!

Allen, now squished in with the bird pooped dog food bags, trying to steer clear of them ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well happy belated birthday! Awesome deal on the pet food. I could use a deal like that! My little cat army is expensive haha.