"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, January 8, 2010

A Tractor Widow...and more Farm Musings

You have all heard of golf widows I am sure. Have you ever heard of a tractor widow?

Welcome to my life :)

As I mentioned in a previous blog, my husband is a freak about snow; he is like a child who wants to go out and build forts with it...except he builds them for our dogs since we have no kids ;) Now that he has his tractor to PLOW snow with, it is even more exciting for him. He actually said to me the other night: "Hon, do you think I should plow the drivewaty? I mean, I know it isn't bad now, but just to keep up with it so in the morning you can get your car through. Just tell me if you want me to, and I will plow it". My response was, "yes Allen, go play on your tractor, I don't care!"

My Husband Playing...errr, Um, Plowing away!

So, as usual, we are having pump problems again....pump as in the PUMP that gets the water from the cistern into our house :/ Shoot me now! Allen is not interested in getting in a cistern filled with water when its below zero temperatures outside with the windchill....can't say I blame him!

It is amazing all the years I took having water at the turn of a knob for granted! Those of you who have this, feel special! Feel very Special! It isn't a good feeling to get into a nice, hot shower after a cold night out in the barn, only to have the water slow to a drizzle and then stop just as your sudded up and wetting down your hair :(

Hay is getting low again *sigh, already!? Really?*

I thought I had a new story to tell, but for the life of me, I just cannot remember what it was. So that is your quick list of daily farm musings!!

I am still pluggin' away at getting my Etsy store up and off the ground. I have found that some of the other Etsy sellers with blogs will showcase fellow sellers they have stumbled upon so I think I will designate one day a week on my blog to do the same. I am excited for this! And I have lots of plans for things to make in addition to my photos.

Here are a few I took yesterday. Nothing special but I thought they looked nice!

This one is not edited (other than I had to crop the date out!)

This one IS edited.
I did a color boost on it via a program someone told me about online

Stay Warm!!

No comments: