"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Grilled Veggie Medley - The Best You Ever Had!

Hubby & I did some harvesting from the garden Thursday evening. Then he took most of the harvest and created what was the MOST delish veggie medley I have ever had [since last summer] on the grill!

All winter I thought about how I couldn't wait for garden harvest's because my husband throws them on the grill and whatever it is he does to them, they are certainly 'the best I have ever had'. For those family members reading, I am sure you are laughing! You see, for those non-family members, my husband has this ongoing, a tad annoying, joke that anytime he cooks something, he proclaims it will be 'the best you ever had'.

But seriously, when he does this with veggies fresh out of the garden, it IS the best I have ever had.....every time! As soon as I get him to fork over his secrets, I will post the recipe.

This mix was carrots, summer squash, mammoth snow peas, onion and broccoli.....gosh my mouth is watering....and it isn't even noon!


Ready for the Grill

Ready for my Belly ;)

2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That veggie medley looks scrumptious!

Emily said...

My dad has an ongoing joke that is similar. He always says about the fall foliage, "This is the prettiest fall I can remember." Of course the joke is he can't remember the last one to compare it to.

Looking forward to the recipe for mixed veggies on the grill.