"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, July 5, 2010

Harvest Monday, July 5

I am a little late on my harvest monday post! Almost 1.5 hours away from Tuesday ;) None the less, better late than never....and I hope I am remembering most of the weeks harvest! It was a busy past week over here.


My Cucs are coming along and I picked these beauties clocking in at 2.213 pounds. I made a new fridge pickel recipe with them and they were a hit on 4th of July! Now if only I can remember what all I put in the recipe ;)


Our broccoli has been producing like wildfire and I am just about broccoli'ed out ;) This week we harvested almost one pound, clocking in at .818 of a pound. I think maybe there was a little more picked one day that I forgot to weigh in.


Our carrots are not done yet, but I couldn't help picking some ;) I pick some and hand them over to the horses for a sweet treat from time to time and this past week, I picked these to roast with our broccoli. These beauties weighed in at 2.61 ounces.

And, the Mammoth Snow Peas that I recieved seed from Daphne on are finally coming in! I was worried I planted them too late and wouldn't have a harvest. We have been picking and eating off the vine all week while we were in the yard, but this batch I was able to weigh; they clocked in at 2.50 ounces and they are super delish!


To check out other harvest tallies for the week from all over the place, check out Daphne's Dandelions
Have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although still small, those carrots look delicious!

Melissa said...

Your Snow Peas make my mouth water. I unknowingly planted mine too late this year. Oh well, I'll try again in the Fall.

johanna said...

The cucumbers are so refreshing in the summer and I don't know anyone that doesn't like them. Between the carrots, broccoli and peas, you have a nice stir-fry.

Daphne Gould said...

I eat a lot of snowpeas off the vine too. They are just too tasty. I wish I had broccoli though. Mine just didn't do well this year. I have tons of snap peas right now, but no broccoli.

thyme2garden said...

That broccoli looks awesome! And peas, you still have peas! So envious.

Dirt Lover said...

Hey, you still have peas! Right on. I ripped mine out about a month ago. They were producing like crazy, and I was picking every day just to keep up with them, so of course now I miss them. :( Nice job on the cukes and broccoli. Cute carrots!
~~Lori