"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, October 25, 2010

Milk - Where is YOUR milk from?

I found this website intriguing so I thought I would share! I found it by way of the blog, Eat Close To Home. The website is 'where is my milk from?' - you simply type in the code off your milk jug and it lets you know where you milk came from! Pretty cool I think...if you are into that sort of thing.

So, perfect timing, I have two gallons of milk in my fridge. One from the butcher down the road (who tends to be a tad pricey!) and another from *cough cough* Wal-Mart. The gallon from the butcher down the road originated from a dairy just about 30 minutes from us -- pretty cool! And then, da-da-dummmm, the gallon from Wal-mart....well, it tells me the first half of the code is the state code for Pennsylvania (which is a neighboring state to me), but it also says the second half of the numbers in the code, which represent the plant code, are invalid! Hmmmmmmmm

I think I might be ok paying a tad more for my milk, knowing it comes from just down the road! So if this kind of thing interests you, check it out the 'where is my milk from?' website.

1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

That is so interesting! Thanks for the tip! I agree, it's better to have the milk from down the road!