"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Marinara Torture

Why do I torture myself? Ever since I have been pregnant, I can't handle marinara sauce :( It lights me up like the Fourth of July -- which is sad....because I love pizza and pastas with my homemade marinara. And I love the pizzas at Giant Eagle's lunch counter!

I went in today to pick up a quick lunch with the intentions of NOT getting one of their pizzas. But nothing else looked appetizing. So I caved. I got the pizza. And now I got Fourth of July fireworks going off in my throat!

I sure hope marinara becomes more enjoyable for me again once this baby arrives!


And yes, I took my Pepcid AND Tums :(

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no! That's no fun. :( My husband gets really bad acid all the time, and he has to take Prilosec daily.
Pregnancy sure does a lot of unpleasant things to our bodies! :( Hopefully soon you'll be enjoying marinara again (without the fireworks, LOL!).

Anonymous said...

I understand...i am almost at five months....and i LOVE red sauce....not so much right now :) and i LOVE dill pickles....i can not even open the jar right now with out needing to run to gag....

Diana said...

I had the same thing happen to me (a zillion years ago). Then my baby son kept being colicy. Finally figured out every time I ate anything with tomatoes it upset his stomach. He is almost 30 now and still won't eat tomatoes.

meemsnyc said...

Oh no. That pizza looks so good too!!

BTW, I've been wanting to do a mushroom kit also. Let me know how yours turns out. It sounds awesome!