"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, May 21, 2011

Preparing the Ark

I honestly don't think it is ever going to stop raining here :( The orchard is looking more like an amazon, the gardens could grow rice....needless to say nothing is planted yet, and the dogs are tired of wearing their rain jackets for their walks!

Well, who knows if they are really tired of wearing them, but I am tired of hanging them to dry!
Hubby sent me these pics, via his cell, from their walk the other night.



Sure, we don't really have to put these on them, but you know what wet dog smells like, right? *Gag* If you don't know, I don't suggest you find out any time soon :)



And since this beast of 80# tromps on wet grass like bigfoot, I practically need to bath him every time he comes in. Unless I want my house to stink like wet dog, of course ;)




And this little princess, aka The Farm Manager, is tired of the rain too. However, instead of hunting varmint, she makes herself a cozy bed in the wheelbarrow filled with shavings. Nice!



3 comments:

Nancy said...

How cute are those jackets? And yes, Miss Kitty looks very comfy in her bed of shavings.

I do hope it dries up for you some time soon. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Cats do find ways to make the best of a bad situation, don't they? Hope the sun comes out soon!

The Starved Idiot said...

very dry, very smart little cat.