"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleeping with Sunflowers

I am not sure the title of this blog is 'fitting', but I like the ring to it. Just like I like the book!

I did something new this season on the farm.


I went around randomly, all over, and poked sunflowers seeds into soil :)



Around the house, near the barn, by the garden, on the property line......




Giant, Mammoth Sunflower seeds!

Hopefully, in a few weeks, we'll be 'Sleeping with Sunflowers'!





3 comments:

Laura said...

So good to see life emerging from the soil. Around here heavy rains washed away my seedlings and rabbits are nibbling away the rest. For the first time I'll be replanting. Your photos give me hope!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Mine have sprouted, but the secret is still safe (for now). LOL

RooosterChick said...

Last year I had beautiful, tiny, baby Sunflowers reaching for the sky! And then those dang wild rabbits came by and ate them down to the ground. Keep Savannah close by...