"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Sharing

I am winding down my weekend (bringing home a 'new' car and our fall hayride) by chilling in front of the fireplace this morning! I am happening upon all kinds of cool things so I thought I would share!


Interesting things to note about growing Ginseng from Greenish Thumb! I have heard this - local 'lore' says we have it growing in the woods across the street and the local Amish families dig it up.

This is an awesome site for anyone following along with my Homemade Baby Food posts! It is called Spout Right and focuses on natural, real foods for baby!

Mashed Cauliflower, anyone? Yum!



Please note - this photo has absolutely nothing to do with this post!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish it were cool enough here for a fire!

Susan said...

I still cracking up over the photo! and I've passed on the website to our older daughter--they are adopting another baby and this will be quite helpful. XOXO

Nancy said...

Getting ucky here as far as weather goes. Dark and rainy. Blah.

Unknown said...

LOL that picture is funny! I will have to bookmark that baby food site incase I have a little one :)

Debi said...

IF this is your sweet baby in disguise, he might really get you back one day!! So cute.

Wendy said...

I wonder if the Amish are just using it? It sounds like there are really super strict laws about selling it. It's definitely theft to dig up people's ginseng. Crazy stuff.

I used to make my own baby food as well. For my older kid, I made a cauliflower with peanut butter combo. It was in the book i used. I think it would taste horrendous (of course i never tried it!)